This package will transform the power delivery of your 2020 TPI… it includes the following:
- a new 2 piece TSP CNC machined cylinder head in Low, Medium, High or Very High comp. We also offer the options of machining your stock head into the Low or Medium designs. See below for more detailed explanations of each compression ratio.
- reflashing of your STOCK ECU with improved fuel, oil and ignition maps developed by TSP…We modify both Map 1 and Map 2, with a more noticeable difference between the maps compared to the stock maps. Both maps have more oil everywhere compared to stock. Map 1 is the fully tuned map delivering maximum performance. Map 2 has less ignition advance and more fuel than Map 1 and is softer everywhere. Map 2 is the ‘safe’ map we suggest using for prolonged high speed riding, deep sand, or if you want to temporarily reduce power in very technical terrain.
- a new NGK spark plug, better suited to the improved power the engine makes with this kit
- 50mm bolt and spring necessary to do the ‘idle screw mod’. Not always necessary to install but we supply it just in case.
This package makes an astonishing difference to the TPI and offers the following gains over a stock bike:
- much more torque at low/mid revs, where you need it most, with a nice increase in power higher up in the rev range as well.
- drastically improved 0-1/2 throttle performance
- more oil than the stock maps for improved reliability… the stock 20/21 maps give significantly less oil than the previous year models.
- 2 ignition maps: hard and soft. The stock map switch works like normal to select between the customised maps.
- much smoother, crisper power deliver at part throttle.
- much less ‘pipe bang’… this is the annoying “dang, dang, dang” noise the engine makes on deceleration. Its generally harmless but very annoying and makes some stock TPI bikes unpleasant to ride at times.
- safer air/fuel ratios at high rpm and large throttle openings so the engine is safer during prolonged high speed running
- better throttle response
- you can ride in a higher gear with lower revs in many situations and use the extra low end torque to get you places with less wheel spin and much less clutch work
There is no change to reliability with this setup… the ignition maps, air fuel ratios and combustion chamber designs are similar to those we have run very successfully for years on modified carb models… after all the TPI engine is basically identical to the previous carb engine, except for the fuel injection system… as a result we know exactly what it can or cant handle in terms of performance mods.
In order to change the stock ECU data we have spent hundreds of hours developing our own process for accessing, changing and reloading the ECU data. TSP was the first to develop a tuned package for the TPI bikes and we have years of experience testing and tuning fuel injected 2 strokes prior to the release of the TPIs in 2018.
All ECU features work normally, including oil injection, fan and warning lights. There are no issues with hard starting and no need to tune via apps or software… just install and ride!
We provide an idle setting bolt that can be installed if you feel the need to change the idle speed or air screw setting after fitting the kit, however the vast majority of bikes will run fine without it.
This kit has been developed to work with the stock exhaust and almost makes aftermarket exhaust systems obsolete for the TPI… the head and ECU give a WAY bigger gain in performance than any aftermarket exhaust can offer, and theres no trade off by taking power from one area to improve power in another, as usually happens with pipes.
We supply fitting instruction plus recommended settings for the air screw and powervalve preload.
This is the ONLY complete solution currently for sale on the market that addresses all the necessary TPI issues… head, ignition and fuel. It is also the MOST COST EFFECTIVE solution by far. All other solutions are either more expensive or only tackle part of the problem. In order to address all the necessary issues using other parts you would need a programmable ECU, an aftermarket head, a new plug and an idle screw… buying all these separately adds up to roughly twice the cost of our package!
Combustion chamber designs:
- LOW COMP – this head and ECU tune was designed to suit extreme enduro riding or for riders who are more interested in smoothness over power gains… it offers strong bottom end torque with a very smooth delivery that wont break traction too easily. It enables the rider to use lower revs and less clutch when tackling hard obstacles. The low comp design also offers maximum resistance to overheating in tough situations.
- MEDIUM COMP – this head and ECU tune suits the majority of trail riders and racers who want better bottom and mid power and a small gain up top as well. The power delivery is much stronger and more tractable than stock and suits a wide range of riding conditions. Suited to 95 or 98 RON fuel (approx 89 or 91 in the USA).
- HIGH COMP – this head and ECU tune suits riders who want harder hitting power everywhere, especially down low. It completely transforms the TPI into a weapon. Also suited to normal trail riders who live at higher elevation. Best with 98 RON fuel at sea level (approx 91 in the USA). Not suitable for extreme enduro due to the increased tendency to overheat in very tight, technical riding near sea level.
- VERY HIGH COMP – this head design suits very high elevation riding above 1500m or 4500ft. When used at the appropriate elevation it will give similar results to the Medium or High Compression heads near sea level.
HOW TO ORDER:
- Place an online order, select your desired combustion chamber and payment method
- Send us your stock ECU with a copy of the order confirmation you receive via email
- Once we receive your ECU we will reflash it and return it with the head, plug and idle bolt.
- Print out a work order form from the website
- Fill in all your details and send it to us along with your stock ECU
- Once we receive your ECU and order form we will reflash the ECU and contact you for payment
- After receiving payment we will return your ECU with the head, plug and idle bolt.
You can place your order via either Option 1 or Option 2 above.
When you are ready to ship your ECU to us its a good idea to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know its on its way.
Read our Shipping page HERE to find out more about return shipping times and prices.