This package will transform the power delivery of your TPI… it includes the following:
- a new 2 piece TSP CNC machined cylinder head in Medium or High comp.
- reflashing of your STOCK ECU with improved fuel, oil and ignition maps developed by TSP…We modify both Map 1 and Map 2, with a more noticeable difference between the maps compared to the stock maps. Both maps have more oil everywhere compared to stock. Map 1 is the fully tuned map delivering maximum performance. Map 2 has less ignition advance and more fuel than Map 1 and is softer everywhere. Map 2 is the ‘safe’ map we suggest using for prolonged high speed riding, deep sand, or if you want to temporarily reduce power in very technical terrain.
- a new NGK spark plug, better suited to the improved power the engine makes with this kit
- 50mm bolt and spring necessary to do the ‘idle screw mod’. Not always necessary to install but we supply it just in case.
This package makes an astonishing difference to the TPI and offers the following gains over a stock bike:
- much more torque at low/mid revs, where you need it most, with a nice increase in power higher up in the rev range as well.
- drastically improved 0-1/2 throttle performance
- more oil than the stock maps for improved reliability… the stock 20/21 maps give significantly less oil than the previous year models.
- 2 ignition maps: hard and soft. The stock map switch works like normal to select between the customised maps.
- much smoother, crisper power deliver at part throttle.
- much less ‘pipe bang’… this is the annoying “dang, dang, dang” noise the engine makes on deceleration. Its generally harmless but very annoying and makes some stock TPI bikes unpleasant to ride at times.
- safer air/fuel ratios at high rpm and large throttle openings so the engine is safer during prolonged high speed running
- better throttle response
- you can ride in a higher gear with lower revs in many situations and use the extra low end torque to get you places with less wheel spin and much less clutch work
There is no change to reliability with this setup… the ignition maps, air fuel ratios and combustion chamber designs are similar to those we have run very successfully for years on modified carb models… after all the TPI engine is basically identical to the previous carb engine, except for the fuel injection system… as a result we know exactly what it can or cant handle in terms of performance mods.
In order to change the stock ECU data we have spent hundreds of hours developing our own process for accessing, changing and reloading the ECU data. TSP was the first to develop a tuned package for the TPI bikes and we have years of experience testing and tuning fuel injected 2 strokes prior to the release of the TPIs in 2018.
All ECU features work normally, including oil injection, fan and warning lights. There are no issues with hard starting and no need to tune via apps or software… just install and ride!
We provide an idle setting bolt that can be installed if you feel the need to change the idle speed or air screw setting after fitting the kit, however the vast majority of bikes will run fine without it.
This kit has been developed to work with the stock exhaust and almost makes aftermarket exhaust systems obsolete for the TPI… the head and ECU give a WAY bigger gain in performance than any aftermarket exhaust can offer, and theres no trade off by taking power from one area to improve power in another, as usually happens with pipes.
We supply fitting instruction plus recommended settings for the air screw and powervavle preload.
This is the ONLY complete solution currently for sale on the market that addresses all the necessary TPI issues… head, ignition and fuel. It is also the MOST COST EFFECTIVE solution by far. All other solutions are either more expensive or only tackle part of the problem. In order to address all the necessary issues using other parts you would need a programmable ECU, an aftermarket head, a new plug and an idle screw… buying all these separately adds up to roughly twice the cost of our package!
If ordering the additional insert, please include which compression type you’d like in the order notes. These are normally $169.95, but only $99.95 if bought at the same time as the TSP Package. The new style of TSP head makes swapping of different compression heads a breeze. The additional insert means that if you planned to ride higher elevation, extreme enduro or even deep sand riding, you can have a spare combustion chamber to switch before the ride.
The 250 TPI kit is available in the following combustion chamber designs:
- LOW COMPRESSION (suits EXC/XC and TE/TX models): This new Low comp design is slightly lower than the previous Med comp 250 design. It is best used for applications where the engine is revving very hard OR where there isnt much need for extra bottom end power. It is higher comp than the stock EXC/TE enduro heads and it is suited to the enduro models only.MEDIUM COMPRESSION (suits EXC/XC and TE/TX models + high revving SX/TC Models): The new Med comp insert is slightly higher than the previous Med comp insert. It is the best all-round design for the majority of enduro riders from 0-1000m. It can also be used on the SX/TC models where they are revving very hard and require smooth mid and lots of overrev.HIGH COMPRESSION (suits SX and TC models or enduo over 1000m elevation): The new High comp design is slightly higher than the previous high comp design. It is best suited to SX/TC models as it is only slightly higher than the stock SX/TC heads. It can also be used on the enduro models at altitude above 1000m.VERY HIGH COMPRESSION (All models above 1500m elevation): The new Very High comp insert is designed for use at high elevation only. It can be used on either SX/TC or EXC/TE models above 1500m.
HOW TO ORDER:
- Purchase the TPI Power Kit by placing an online order, select your desired combustion chamber and payment method
- Send us your stock ECU with a copy of the order confirmation you receive via email
- Once we receive your ECU we will reflash it and return it with the head, plug and idle bolt.
Read our Shipping page HERE to find out more about return shipping times and prices.