*** 150 TSP heads are currently on back-order, due in roughly 3 weeks at 29/4/22 – If backordered, please do not send in your ECU until the end of the month or until we contact you ***
Price is currently at a sale price to introduce our new 150 complete heads!
This package will transform the power delivery of your TPI… it includes the following:
- a new TSP billet cylinder head. We currently offer a single compression ratio which is higher than stock but still very safe for 98 RON pump fuel (approx 91-92 in the USA).
- reflashing of your STOCK ECU with improved fuel, oil and ignition maps developed by TSP…We modify both Map 1 and Map 2, with a more noticeable difference between the maps compared to the stock maps. Both maps have more oil everywhere compared to stock. Map 1 is the fully tuned map delivering maximum performance. Map 2 has less ignition advance and more fuel than Map 1 and is softer everywhere. Map 2 is the ‘safe’ map we suggest using for prolonged high speed riding, deep sand, or if you want to temporarily reduce power in very technical terrain.
- 50mm bolt and spring necessary to do the ‘idle screw mod’. Not always necessary to install but we supply it just in case.
This package makes a huge difference to the 150TPI and offers the following gains over a stock bike:
- much more torque at low/mid revs, where you need it most, with a nice increase in power higher up in the rev range as well.
- drastically improved 0-1/2 throttle performance
- more oil than the stock maps for improved reliability… the stock 20 model maps gave a very low oil volume. This was increased on the 21 stock maps due to a high number of top end seizures in the early models. Our oil maps offer a greater volume than the stock 21 maps.
- 2 ignition maps: hard and soft. The stock map switch works like normal to select between the customised maps.
- much smoother power deliver at part throttle… the part throttle splutter is almost completely gone.
- much less ‘pipe bang’… this is the annoying “dang, dang, dang” noise the engine makes on deceleration. Its generally harmless but very annoying and makes the stock 18/19 TPI unpleasant to ride at times.
- safer air/fuel ratios at high rpm and large throttle openings so the engine is safer during prolonged high speed running
- better throttle response
*** NOTE: For maximum reliability we strongly recommend updating your 2020 model forged piston to the new design cast piston which is now stock on the 2021 model. The 20 model forged piston was a bad design, and along with the very low oil volume on the stock 20 maps it was very prone to top end failures. We will offer cast 150 pistons on our website very soon! When used in conjunction with our updated ECU mapping and head your 150 TPI will have much more power and be MORE reliable than the stock 20 models.
Our 150TPI kit increases power throughout the rev range, making approximately 2hp more up top and 5 hp more through the midrange compared to a stock bike, making it a weapon offroad.
In order to change the stock ECU data we have spent hundreds of hours developing our own process for accessing, changing and reloading the ECU data. TSP was the first to develop a tuned package for the TPI bikes and we have years of experience testing and tuning fuel injected 2 strokes prior to the release of the TPIs in 2018.
The stock ECU will still connect to the KTM/Husky diagnostic tool and the dealer can still perform all normal service tasks… in fact, they wont be aware that the ignition and fuel data has been modified. All other ECU features work normally, including oil injection, fan and warning lights. There are no issues with hard starting and no need to tune via apps or software… just install and ride!
We provide an idle setting bolt that can be installed if you feel the need to change the idle speed or air screw setting after fitting the kit, however the vast majority of bikes will run fine without it.
This kit has been developed to work with the stock exhaust and almost makes aftermarket exhaust systems obsolete for the TPI… the head and ECU give a WAY bigger gain in performance than any aftermarket exhaust can offer, and theres no trade off by taking power from one area to improve power in another, as usually happens with pipes.
We supply fitting instruction plus recommended settings for the air screw and powervalve preload.
This is the ONLY complete solution currently for sale on the market that addresses all the necessary TPI issues… head, ignition and fuel. It is also the MOST COST EFFECTIVE solution by far. All other solutions are either more expensive or only tackle part of the problem. In order to address all the necessary issues using other parts you would need a programmable ECU, an aftermarket head, a new plug and an idle screw… buying all these separately adds up to roughly twice the cost of our package!
HOW TO ORDER:
- Purchase the TPI Power Kit by placing an online order, select your desired combustion chamber and payment method
- Send us your stock ECU with a copy of the order confirmation you receive via email
- Once we receive your ECU we will reflash it and return it with the head, and idle bolt.
Read our Shipping page HERE to find out more about return shipping times and prices.