This package suits all 2023-on KTM ‘GROUP’ 250 SX/XC models with the new 250 TBI (Throttle body injection) engine.
The models include:
KTM250 SX/XC 23-on
Husky TC250 23-on
GasGas MC/EX250 24-on
This kit does not suit EXC/XC-W/TE/EC Models.
This 2023-on 250SX/XC package includes:
- A Billet TSP Head (Cap and Insert)
- A TSP ERM – See more information here: https://tsp-erm.com/product-features/
- Head O-ring & Washer Kit
- New Iridium Spark plug
Cosmetic imperfection head option ($100 discount): If you would like a cosmetic damaged/imperfection head for a $100 discount off your order, please use the below coupon code in checkout. This is for website sales only.
Coupon code: COSMETICHEAD
The 2023-on KTM 250 SX and XC TBI bikes share the same engine except for the transmission, which is 5 speed on the SX and 6 speed on the XC. They are super smooth in stock form and the whole package of chassis, suspension, engine and ergonomics feels very comfortable. However, they can be made to perform much better with some fairly basic changes… Our Power Kit makes a noticeable difference to an already good bike and on the trail or the track the increased engine performance makes these bikes a blast to ride. Comprising a new TSP Billet Head and a revised ECU tune, our Power Kit is the most comprehensive engine setup on the market for these bikes. Taking into account combustion chamber design, fuelling, ignition and powervalve settings our kit gives all round performance in a simple bolt on package.
This package makes a huge difference to the 250TBI over stock, with some key features being:
- Drastically improved throttle response throughout the whole RPM range
- Both Green & White maps are tuned and the stock map switch works like normal to select between the customised maps. The Green map is Hard/Aggressive, the White map is Safer/Softer.
- Smoother throttle response
- Much better part throttle and low rpm power
- Better fuelling; some areas are crisper than stock for better throttle response, and some areas are richer for improved reliability.
- Mapping changes include fuel, ignition and powervalve settings for both the Green and White maps (Downloadable with the ERM)
- ERM enables you the ability to make swift pre-set tune changes depending on conditions
As usual we offer a range of cylinder head options for this Power Kit:
- MEDIUM COMP – this head suits high level MX at sea level on normal pump fuel, or trail riders and intermediate racers who want improved throttle response and a nice increase to power across the rpm range. Although this compression ratio is only marginally higher than stock, the improved design gives better throttle response and better power everywhere, especially when combined with our ECU tune. The power delivery is stronger and more tractable than stock and suits a wide range of riding conditions. Suited to 95 or 98 RON fuel (approx 89 or 91 in the USA).
- HIGH COMP – this head is higher compression than stock and suits high level MX at sea level with high octane fuel OR trail riders and intermediate racers at sea level with pump fuel. This head pushes the limits of normal 98 RON pump fuel at sea level (approx 91 in the USA) but can be used in normal trail riding conditions safely in order to achieve maximum bottom/mid performance. Likewise, intermediate racers who are not revving hard all day can get away with this head at sea level on pump fuel. If you are using this head at sea level for faster MX, deep sand riding or in very cold weather we would suggest running the softer/richer White map and/or some higher octane fuel. This head can also be used at elevations above 1000M to approximately replicate a medium compression head at sea level. Above approx 1000m it is safe for pump fuel under normal riding conditions.
All TSP mods are designed and dyno tested in-house at TSP so you can be sure you’re getting reliable performance for local conditions.